For information on how we can help and for appointments
contact Ben McKechnie Canine Behaviour Consultant on
Please note our Terms & Conditions.
Our Terms and Conditions.
1. Descriptions shown in brochures, web site representation, and advertisements are correct at the time of going to press, errors and omissions excepted. They are liable to alteration at any time without notice.
2. Fees may be altered without notice. Prices will be those ruling at the date of the appointment. Any invoice query should be made in writing within ten days of the date of the invoice. There is no charge for VAT. Quotations and estimates if required remain current for one month.
3. All payments should be made on the date of consultation. Any invoice not paid in full by the due date shall attract interest payments. These will accrue from the due date at the rate of 5% per month, unless any other arrangement has been made in writing with Ben or Dean.
4. Any cancellation for an appointment must be made within 48 hours, if there is a late cancellation then a fee will be charged.
5. There is no liability for the loss or failure of delivery of any fax, text, answerphone recording or email transmission. CBT Referrals operates within a Green Policy, therefore email is the preferred communication process.
6. Additional equipment, goods or supplements may be recommended as an addition to suggested treatment protocols, these are to be clearly noted on the invoice and subject to additional fees above the consultation charges if supplied by CBT Referrals. The provision for the supply of supplements is such as not to exploit the client for any personal commercial gain.
7. There is no liability for delay in dispatch or delivery of any products or supplements.
8. No liability is accepted for any consequential loss or damage of personal items when lost during a behavioural consultation or rehabilitation training session whatsoever, however caused.
13. In some circumstances the CBT Referrals may need to cancel an appointment without notice or compensation (sufficient notice will normally be given to avoid disruption). Such circumstances would include inability to obtain assistance, stooge dogs, equipment and supplies, strikes, lockouts and other forms of industrial action or dispute, fire, flood, drought, weather conditions, war civil disturbance, act of god or any other cause beyond our control making it impossible for us to fulfil the appointment.
15. Until they are paid for, we reserve the title of any goods supplied.
16. All consultation fees are subject to these terms and conditions. The final cost of consultation may be subject to fluctuation if there is any excessive amount of client time requested or not normally accepted as per guide times given on the consultation page. If any behavioural work is more complex than first diagnosed additional consultations may be required for a full and more detailed assessment treatment plan.
17. There are no promises, guarantees or liabilities accepted for the level of success.
18. There are no liabilities accepted where the client fails to implement the suggested treatment plan or fails to discuss any issues of concern within one week of receiving their behavioural report, reasoning and suggested treatment plan following consultation.
19. The production of a full behavioural report and any additional research may take up to four weeks to be delivered in any format to the client, and while every effort is made to ensure a swift delivery before
CBT Referrals treats the privacy of their clients seriously and takes appropriate security measures to safeguard privacy and protect and manage any personal data provided by clients.
How we obtain your personal data: You provide us with personal data from a questionnaire/consultation either online, written, email or the telephone. Further personal data may be obtained before, during and after the consultation procedure.
How we use your personal data: Data subjects’ personal data will be used specifically to analyse and evaluate an individualised training programme best suited to the needs of the data subject’s dog, cat or other animal, consistent with a duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)* We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data in storage. *The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ico.org.uk may be contacted with any GDPR queries.
We do: respect your privacy and work hard to meet strict regulatory requirements.
We do not: sell your personal data to any 3rd party.
The General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR (May 2018) recognises there is a need to protect and to give the user greater control over personal data. The rights of the individual include:
Right to be informed: Why information is needed and how it will be used.
Right of subject access: You can request the personal data held.
Right to rectification: You can have any incomplete personal data completed, but please note that if any information is factually wrong then changing records of personal data will be falsification.
Right to erasure: You shall have the right to obtain from Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex erasure of personal data if you have withdrawn from further provision of service from the practitioner.
Right to restrict processing: You can obtain your retained data from Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex in the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you and will be restricted until the accuracy of the data has been verified.
- Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of provision of services, but it is required by you for legal claims.
Right to data portability: You will be able to receive your personal data in a commonly used format and have the right to transmit this data to another.
Right to object: Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex should not have cause to process personal data.
Rights in relation to automated decision making: Jo Crawford/My Dog-Sussex does not carry out automated processing
this time scale, it cannot be guaranteed.
20. Refunds are not available unless due to exceptional circumstances.
21. Safety during any consultation or rehabilitation session is the responsibility of both CBT Referrals and the owners, however owners must take full responsibility for themselves, their dogs, children and property.